From Dr. Larry

Dr. Larry Gelman is fiercely devoted to each client, with a deep and profound respect for their own self-agency and self-determination.

5 Answers to Every Question

In my opinion, there are at least 5 answers to every question!

1. A

2. B

3. Both A and B

4. Neither A and B

5. Or something else we’re not smart-enough to know right now.

The typical reply to a question is usually positional or A.

The typical counter reply is usually oppositional, i.e., not A, or B.

A: “The sky is blue.”
B: “The sky is not blue.”

A: “My religion is the one and only true religion.”
B: “Your religion is not the one and only true religion.”

A: “I’m OK, you’re not.”
B: “No, I’m OK, you’re not.”

When we dichotomize our answers and consider only A or B, we are guilty of, inadvertently, restricting ourselves to 40% of the available answerable options with the remaining 60% of possible answers not even remotely considered...

Because:

1. A

2. B

3. Both A and B

4. Neither A and B

5. Or something else we’re not smart-enough to know right now

May, separately or collectively, all be correct.

So, in my opinion, there are at least 5 answers to every question!

Author Note: Dr. Larry B. Gelman is a Clinical Psychologist and a Personal Mentor


PMS Blog Comments Policy | PMS Copyright | PMS Disclaimer | PMS Citation Information

www.personalmentoringservices.com

© 2014 Northern Illinois Counseling Associates, P.C. (NICA), Personal Mentoring Services (PMS)

Dr. Larry B. Gelman, Dr. Glenn B. Gelman, All Rights Reserved.


The Fulcrum of Truth
"Mop's Here..."
English Afrikaans Albanian Arabic Armenian Azerbaijani Basque Belarusian Bulgarian Catalan Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) Croatian Czech Danish Dutch Estonian Filipino Finnish French Galician Georgian German Greek Haitian Creole Hebrew Hindi Hungarian Icelandic Indonesian Irish Italian Japanese Korean Latvian Lithuanian Macedonian Malay Maltese Norwegian Persian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Serbian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swahili Swedish Thai Turkish Ukrainian Urdu Vietnamese Welsh Yiddish
Go to top